B.Beh.Sc., B.Beh.Sc (Hons)., M.Clin.Psych., M.A.P.SWoolloongabba
Independent health professional providing services to patients from Paeds in a Pod rooms.
Gemeah Howarth is a clinical psychologist who helps clients lead a safe, happy and meaningful life. Her main responsibilities include assessing and diagnosing childhood psychological disorders, and helping children and their families understand their diagnosis and access support. She specialises in:
- anxiety disorders
- mood disorders
- tic disorders
- intellectual disabilities.
Gemeah has been a registered psychologist since 1997, accruing more than 25 years of clinical experience in public and private sector practice. She has a Bachelor of Behavioural Science with First Class Honours from Griffith University and a Masters of Clinical Psychology from the University of Queensland. Her work experience includes clinical support for children, adults, families and groups, and consulting to Indigenous health services. She has experience in managerial roles and has shown leadership in training for psychologists and health services staff.
As well as being an endorsed clinical psychologist with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency), Gemeah is a qualified clinical supervisor accredited with STAP (Supervisor, Training & Assessment Program). She has comprehensive training in clinical hypnosis and strategic psychotherapy, and is also a Level 5 Enhanced Triple P Provider, endorsed through the Positive Parenting Program to provide intensive support for families with complex concerns
Gemeah has been working in private practice clinical psychology, specialising in paediatrics, since 2015. She joined Paeds in a Pod because she loves working with children and their families, providing them with diagnostic answers and guidance so they can live their best life.
Further information and resources:
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency – ensuring practitioners are safe to practice
- Zero To Three – resources to help give babies and toddlers a strong start in life
- The Circle of Security – early intervention program for parents and children
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
- Autism QLD – autism-specific education and therapy services
- Parentline – free counselling and support for parents and carers in QLD and NT
- The Black Dog Institute – free mental health support for emergency service workers and volunteers
- Beyond Blue: The National Depression Initiative – free online and phone mental health services
- Lifeline – 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services