Dr Sangeeta Hiremath
MBBS, DCH, FRACPSpringfield, Woolloongabba
Independent medical practitioner providing services to patients from Paeds in a Pod rooms.
Dr Sangeeta Hiremath is a General Paediatrician, providing care for children of all ages, from birth through to adolescence.
Her expertise encompasses the management of a broad range of paediatric issues and illnesses that can affect children’s health, welfare, behaviour, and learning. These include:
- asthma, allergies, and respiratory disorders
- neurological disorders including cerebral palsy and epilepsy
- neonatology (newborn babies)
- developmental disorders such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and learning difficulties
- all aspects of general paediatrics, including complicated disorders requiring multidisciplinary management.
As a parent herself, Dr Hiremath understands the importance of listening to families and understanding their goals. She feels privileged to be entrusted with the care of patients at such an important phase in their development.
Her focus is on providing optimum care and educating families about options as required during treatment. She applies an evidence-based approach to diagnosis, treatment, and management to achieve great outcomes.
Dr Hiremath holds a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) which she completed in India and later achieved certification of by the Australian Medical Council. She also completed a Diploma in Child Health (DCH) at Sydney University and holds a Fellowship in General Paediatrics with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP).
Her experience in paediatrics spans more than a decade, and includes time spent in neonatology, and four years in paediatric emergency medicine.
Dr Hiremath has worked in many hospitals in Brisbane, including Logan Hospital, Mater Children’s Hospital, Mater Mothers Hospital, Gold Coast Hospital, and Redlands Hospital. She also enjoyed working in Gladstone Hospital , which was part of her rural training.
She is fluent in three languages, namely English, Kannada and Hindi. Her hobbies are cooking, dancing, singing and reading.
Further information and resources
- Raising Children: Australian parenting website – videos, articles, and apps
- Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service – health fact sheets