What is it?
Breastfeeding is natural, but that doesn’t mean it always comes easily. That’s where our lactation consultants can help mothers and their babies to make breastfeeding enjoyable.
Our lactation consultants are health care providers with International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) qualifications and help mothers with all issues relating to breastfeeding, from low milk supply and expressing, to latch issues and low weight gain in babies.
Who do we help?
We help mothers in all stages of their breastfeeding journey, from pre-term babies and newborns to babies with injuries and disabilities as well as toddlers.
Our qualified lactation consultants are available to help answer all your questions and suggest solutions for any challenges you might be facing including:
- latching difficulty
- low milk production or an oversupply
- injured nipples
- engorged breasts
- lip-and tongue-tie related challenges
- baby weight gain.
What do we do?
Breastfeeding is instinctive for your baby, but it’s a learned skill for mothers. Our lactation consultants understand that every mother and baby are different and work with you in the privacy of your own home to help you achieve your breastfeeding goals.
- watch your baby breastfeed and adjust your breastfeeding position if needed
- check that your baby is latching, sucking, swallowing and breathing correctly
- observe your baby’s appearance and behaviour including their weight to ensure they are getting enough milk
- check for tongue-and lip-ties in your baby or any other issues that may affect breastfeeding
- examine your breasts and nipples
- provide advice and solutions to overcome any issues we observe or that you are experiencing, and answer any questions you may have
- provide ongoing support and care in your breastfeeding journey.