Circle of Security ™
A parenting program to benefit any family
Parenting can be hard work and it’s normal to feel lost some of the time. It’s not always easy to work out what your children need from you. It’s not always easy to respond to their needs.
The Circle of Security™ parenting program is based on decades of research about how to strengthen and support secure parent-child relationships.
We can guide you through the Circle of Security™ in a four-week COSP abbreviated program designed to really help you make sense of what your child needs, so you can give them the best in return.
Enhance your parenting skills. Learn effective ways to understand and respond to your child’s moods and behaviour.
About the Circle of Security™
The founders of Circle of Security International developed the early intervention program after years of clinical experience in family therapy and systems theory. They have dedicated several decades to research, confirming the many ways that children benefit when they are secure, from enhanced school readiness to improved relationships for life.
Circle of SecurityTM helps parents and caregivers improve their own awareness of their children’s needs, giving parents the tools to strengthen parent-child relationships and raise secure children.
Who is it for?
We invite all parents and caregivers of children aged 0-5 to take part in our Circle of SecurityTM program here in Brisbane. Anyone can join, you don’t need a referral.
The circle presents benefits to all caregivers, no matter how confident you feel about your parenting ability. No judgements are passed, only open discussion about how you can enhance your interactions with your children.
You may wish to consider attending as a couple, or with all primary carers for your child or children, to ensure the optimal benefits for your family.
We ask that you attend without your children to promote optimal attention to the program material. Unfortunately babysitting is not available.
From the very first session, you will gain more confidence in your parenting.
What are the main benefits?
Our trained facilitators are paediatric specialists. They will help you:
- Learn how to develop a positive and secure relationship with your child
- Learn how to read your child’s needs and understand their emotional world
- Learn ways to help your child successfully manage their emotions
- Explore how to help your child enhance their self-esteem
- Honour your parenting wisdom and support your desire to help your child develop a secure attachment relationship
- Become a more dependable parent so your child can develop to their full potential feeling safe and secure
Our Circle of SecurityTM program is delivered by a trained paediatrician and clinical psychologist in small, interactive and relaxed sessions designed to suit busy families.
Our point of difference
Paediatrician Dr Upasana Kapoor and Clinical Psychologist Narelle Dickinson have been trained in the delivery of the Circle of Security™. Both practitioners have spent many years dealing with the difficulties parents face. All these and more are discussed in this course.
Our programs are kept small to help ensure a relaxed and interactive environment. All sessions are offered after hours to make it easier for you to attend. Refreshments are supplied.
Children need freedom, protection and kind guidance. By better understanding and responding to these needs, you can provide your child with more security, and enjoy more satisfaction as a parent.
- We run small group sessions of 8 to 12 people from 5.30pm to 7.30pm on Mondays.
- The program runs for 4 weeks and costs $395 upfront for all sessions.
- Sessions are held at Paeds in a Pod: Consulting room 11, 12 Annerley Road, Woolloongabba.
- Places are strictly limited.